If you are thinking of turning a hobby or skill into a small business, CL’s one day course will give you the motivation and guidance you need to get started. Just as relevant to recent start-ups, the straightforward advice from our business experts will help you set your strategy and will give you the confidence to make the leap.
The day features a programme of informative talks, workshops and Q&A sessions hosted by business experts, other small company owners and members of the Country Living team. Numbers are limited to 50 and there will be opportunities to chat to our experts and network with fellow guests throughout the day.
WHAT WILL WE COVER?
- Why There’s Never Been a Better Time to Start your Own Business, Fiona Davies, business manager of ‘Women in Rural Enterprise’ offers advice for taking the first steps.
- Defining your Brand & Setting your Direction, a workshop to help you identify your USP and write a business strategy.
- How to Get your Product into Country Living! Insider tips on getting your product spotted for the magazine pages & the chance to pitch direct to a panel of editors.
- De-Mystfying Social Media, Emma-Louise Pritchard, CL Web Editor, gives an overview of how to use social media to reach a global audience.
- We Did it! Two small businesses (from CL’s ‘Kitchen Table Talent’ series) offer experience-based advice on what has worked for them.
- Have the Confidence to Make the Leap, CL Editor Susy Smith.
Tickets: £125 +booking fee
Includes morning coffee, buffet lunch, and afternoon tea.
All guests receive comprehensive course information and a Country Living goody bag to take home.
TUTORS SPEAKERS & SPECIAL GUESTS:
Fiona Davies is the business manager of WiRE, with many years experience of advising small businesses, many in rural bases. She writes regularly for CL.
Emma-Louise Pritchard is CL’s Web Editor and has been responsible for driving the brands’s social media strategy and growing our Twitter and Facebook followers.
Susy Smith, has been Editor-in-chief of CL for over 20 years, diversifying the brand and maintaining its position as the UK’s number one homes title.
You will also meet members of the CL editorial team and small local businesses featured in our Kitchen Table Talent series.